Those wacky eggheads at the National Center for Supercomputing at the University of Illinois announced that they created a supercomputer out of 70 Playstation 2’s. Funny, I was just thinking about buying Playstation 2. Maybe I’ll bump up that order by a hundred and build my very own PS2 Beowulf cluster.
You are currently browsing the daily archive for 5/27/2003.
Grooving Tunes lately found on my stereo:
Bitching DVD’s flickering on my screen:
- Black Robe – Yep, it’s just as hauntingly beautiful and utterly depressing as I remember it.
- Apocalypse Now Redux – Charlie still don’t surf, now with an extra hour of footage.
Books being read:
- The Magic Mountain – Three months and 400 pages into Thomas Mann’s opus, and it still hasn’t done much for me.
- Bleak House – Ah Dickens at his satirical best.
- The Diamond Age – Neal Stephenson is always a good thing.
Back into datastream