Got a few more odds ‘n ends to mention.
- Game making software – The software is free, but buy the book. And go forth and make a side-scrolling wonder my children.
- The Book of Sand Hypertext/Puzzle – Yes, the Book of Sand.
- The Interplanetary Bike Ride – It’s actually in Peoria, but it does promise to visit all the planets.
- Searching for Sufis – Interesting essay on Sufism.
- Watching Beirut Die – Chef, author and TV host Anthony Bourdain was in Beirut when the war started. He was filming a special on Beirut’s resurgence and the promise of peace. Oops.
- Andrei Sakharov’s Prescience – Looks like Sakharov foresaw the internet and blogs by almost two decades.
Far in the future, more than 50 years from now, I foresee a universal information system (UIS), which will give everyone access at any given moment to the contents of any book that has ever been published or any magazine or any fact. The UIS will have individual miniature-computer terminals, central control points for the flood of information, and communication channels incorporating thousands of artificial communications from satellites, cables, and laser lines. Even the partial realization of the UIS will profoundly affect every person, his leisure activities, and his intellectual and artistic development. Unlike television… the UIS will give each person maximum freedom of choice and will require individual activity. But the true historic role of the UIS will be to break down the barriers to the exchange of information among countries and people.
This was written in 1974.
- Imad Moustapha – Speaking of blogs, the Syrian ambassador to the US has a blog.
- Why I Am Not A Christian – Classic essay by Bertrand Russell, his arguments against religion and God.
Randomly interesting stuff, but it’s time to clear some tabs in my browser.
- Adventures in New Zealand – The usual go around; adventure of a lifetime in New Zealand.
- No Point to acupuncture on animals – No point to it in people either.
- Moleskine City Notebooks – For the next adventure to Europe; a notebook and travel guide all in one.
- Picasa Now Available For Mac – This might have been useful to me at one time. Not now though.
- Thanks MacSlash- You brought my iPod back to life – I cracked it open and reseated the hard drive. It lives!
- Text Message Firing – Girl fired via text message in England.
- Vancouver to Vancouver – No here’s an adventure of a lifetime.
- Tinderbox screencasts
- TextMate screencasts